How you could help
First aid at events
You can help keep everyone safe and join in the fun while providing first aid at events. This could be at local community fairs, sponsored runs, major music festivals, or premier league football games.
Help support and develop our youth programmes, such as our Badger and Cadet units.
Help your local community
Want to help people right on your doorstep? Then you could consider becoming a Community First Responder or Community Advocate, or lend a hand with our Homeless Services.
Support the emergency services
In a medical or national emergency, you could provide reserve ambulance support and first aid cover to the NHS Ambulance Service.
Other important roles
You can also get involved with supporting our frontline services. For example, you could:
- fundraise for us within the community or at events
- support our activities through specialist roles like event planning or safeguarding
- provide administrative or practical support through logistics or record keeping
How volunteering can help you
There are so many good reasons for volunteering with St John Ambulance. Here are just a few:
- learn valuable new skills
- meet interesting people and make new friends
- make a positive impact on your local community
- attend fabulous events (football games, concerts, parades, etc)
- increase your confidence and self-esteem
- build up an impressive CV
- have a massive amount of fun!
Whatever your reason for getting involved, we have the volunteer role to suit you and all the support you need.
Unfortunately we are unable to support work experience at this point in time.
How we’ll support you
Our volunteers take on a lot of responsibility. That’s why we’ll support you every step of the way.
We do this in a number of ways, such as:
- providing you with all the training you need to excel in your role
- opportunities to progress and develop as a volunteer with yearly development reviews
- making sure you have local support and a point of contact
- access to our intranet (Connect) which has plenty of resources to help you in your role and help you connect with a network of volunteers across the country
- reimburse any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- the opportunity to express your views and contribute your ideas about how St John Ambulance can improve
- and much more!
At St John Ambulance, we are driven by our values of humanity, excellence, accountability, responsiveness, and teamwork. Learn more about our culture and values.